Town Clerk, Jeannie Ventre
The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for recording the activities of the Town Board, and is the main location where Town documents are filed. We serve residents by offering the following:
- Dog Licenses and Renewals: We need proof of current rabies vaccination and proof of spay/neuter (if applicable) to process a license or renewal. The fees are: $10.00 for a spayed/neutered dog and $18.00 if not spayed/neutered. A senior citizen discount is available to residents 65 and over. If you need to contact the Dog Control Officer please call (315) 457-2710.
- Marriage Licenses: A couple who intend to be married must apply in person for a marriage license. There is a 24 hour waiting period and the license is valid for sixty days. Both parties must present photo ID, birth certificates and all previous divorce decrees/death certificates. The fee is $40 and includes one Marriage Certificate. Call or email in advance for an appointment. Marriage Transcripts and certified copies of any marriage filed with the Town of Salina can be obtained for $10.00.
- US Passport Acceptance Agency: Please call 457-2710 for an appointment. For more information visit the Department of State website at www.travel.state.gov/passport/index.html.
- Accessible Parking Applications and Permits: Permits are issued to Salina residents, with disabilities through the Clerk's Office. ID is required. For an application click here.
- DEC Licensing: Licenses for fishing, hunting, trapping, bow hunting, muzzle loading, turkey permits are sold at the Clerk's Office. New York State residents 70 years and older are eligible for a senior Hunting license at a cost of $5.00 and a senior Fishing license for $5.00.
- Ordinance Permits/Licenses: These include Block Party Requests, Fill Permits, Peddlers/Solicitors and Transient Merchant Licenses, Bingo, Games of Chance and Bell Jar Licenses.
- Elections: Onondaga County Board of Elections now oversees elections held in the Town of Salina. If you would like to know what election district in which to vote contact the Board of Elections at (315) 435-3312. Voter registration forms are available at the Clerk's Office or visit www.ongov.net . Information Requests: Requests for documents available under the Freedom of Information Law should be submitted to the Town Clerk's Office in writing by using the FOIL request form. Click here for the form.
Contact the Town Clerk's Office
Phone: (315) 457-2710
Fax: (315) 457-4317
Deputy Town Clerks:
Marie Van Wie and Wendy Contos